HERE’S THE PLAN
Countdown is a worldwide movement to find ways to shift, more rapidly, to a world with
greenhouse emissions and tackle the climate crisis.We need to engage EVERYONE. Politicians. CEOs. Investors. Media influencers. Activists. Citizens all over the world, young and old. We all have a role to play. Including you.
PowerHow rapidly can we move to 100% clean energy?The plunging cost of renewable energy could be a thrilling game-changer for widespread adoption.
Built environmentHow can we re-engineer the stuff that surrounds us?We need regenerative economics and a materials revolution.
TransportHow do we transform the ways we move?It’s time to rethink our cars, trucks, ships and planes for the 21st century.
FoodHow can we spark a worldwide shift to healthier food systems?A delicious, nutritious future can be good for farmers — and the planet.
NatureHow extensively can we re-green the earth?With conscious intervention, our forests, soil and oceans could help return us to a stable carbon cycle — saving us and countless other species.
A YEAR OF ENGAGEMENT
Some of us might feel powerless to do much. But what if:
- You could connect with coworkers and start helping transform your company’s business practices?
- You could join up with hundreds of people in your city and help start an exciting local movement for change?
- You could help spread a powerful global media campaign that pushed decision-makers to take action on these issues?
- You could make small changes in your own life which will make a big difference as millions of people step up to the challenge?
Together, we can transform what our leaders believe is possible, by scaling up our collective action to match the challenge.
Early in 2020 the Countdown team will begin sharing tools that will help each of us connect with coworkers, neighbors and classmates to take concrete action, with a concrete deadline: a massive event in October that everyone in the world is invited to!
On October 10, 2020, in partnership with our amazing worldwide network of TEDx organizers, we will gather in cities, companies, schools and communities around the globe to share our bold responses to the five big questions. Responses which collectively can kick-start the action the world so urgently needs.
To find out more, sign up and you’ll get updates about how you can get involved locally, and how you can help ignite change at work and at home.
In the lead up to our global gathering, a cross-section of leaders from across the globe – city mayors, policy-makers, business leaders, community leaders, scientists, philanthropists, youth activists, and key influencers – will convene in Bergen, Norway during the week of October 6-9, 2020, to put the finishing touches on a year of careful preparation by contributors from around the world. There’ll be talks, collaboration and action, all leading up to the global gathering on 10.10.2020.
HERE’S WHERE TO START
Our earth is heating at an alarming rate. Instead of despairing, let’s act.Here are 3 things you can do right now…
1. JOIN THE COUNTDOWNSign up to get started. It will only take one minute. Over the next few weeks, you’ll get updates on how to join neighbors, coworkers, classmates.SIGN UP
2. GET INFORMEDThis issue is complicated, so we must educate ourselves to make informed decisions on how to act. Check out our starter kit of resources; reading material, videos and animations. The more we all understand the issues, the more effective actions we can take.LEARN MORE
3. SPREAD THE WORDThere’s strength in numbers. The more people take action, the bigger difference we can make. Check out Countdown on social media or one of the promo images below, and share with #JoinTheCountdown